Travelling to Caulfield Campus
- The nine kilometres (six mile) trip from the city of Melbourne will take about 25 minutes in peak hour traffic and 15 minutes at other times.
- If you are coming from Melbourne airport, add another 45 minutes in peak hour and 30 minutes at other times. A taxi rank is situated on the railway station side of Sir John Monash Drive.
By train and tram:
- The Caulfield Railway Station is next to the campus. Four lines stop at the station: Cranbourne, Dandenong, Frankston and Pakenham.
- The No. 3 tram from Swanston Street will take you directly to the Caulfield campus.
- Bus Route 624 -- Kew, Auburn Railway Station, Caulfield Railway Station, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Holmesglen Institute of TAFE, Oakleigh Railway Station.
- Bus Route 900 -- Stud Park Shopping Centre, Waverley Park, Monash University Clayton campus, Huntingdale Station, Oakleigh Railway Station, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Monash University Caulfield campus, Caulfield Railway Station.
- Monash shuttle bus services run in both directions from Clayton to Caulfield campuses. All shuttle bus services are free and run Monday to Friday during the academic year on. See Inter-campus shuttle bus for more information and schedules.
- A free week day bus service for students travelling between Mornington Peninsula Shire and Monash University's Clayton campus commenced on the May 9 2013. The service stops at six locations en route including Frankston train station, where students can link to Monash University's Peninsula Campus. Buses run three times a day - from Rosebud to Monash University Clayton. Further information is available on the Public Transport Victoria Website.
Monash myki Commuter Club
- Monash is now offering all staff (including sessionals and casuals) and non-concession students (including international students), the opportunity to participate in the Monash myki Commuter Club scheme. The scheme offers public transport users a 10% discount on 365 day passes.
- Rideshare is sharing the car with one or more other people to get to campus. There is only one strict rule with rideshare: you must arrive at the carpark with two people and two valid carpool permits. To find out more about ridesharing at Caulfield or to register for ridesharing, you need to visit the Monash Rideshare Service webpage.
- Check out the following websites: Bicycle Victoria and/or VicRoads of suggested cycle routes to campus.
- Bicycle racks - ask at the Service Centre (Building A, Level 1) and/or the MONSU Caulfield Service Desk (Building S, Level 2) for directions.
- Bike lockers and/or cages are available for hire on a semester basis. Contact the MONSU Caulfield Service Desk on 9903 2525 for further information and fees.
Parking on campus
- A user pay, multi-level car park is available on campus for staff, students, visitors and the general public. Entry to the car park is from Princes Avenue. Ticket machine parking is also available in the Guineas car park - entry via Normanby Road.
- See also: Parking and Permits