Peter Marshall is responsible for the Monash University Administration portfolio, which includes the majority of the University's internal and infrastructure support services. He also manages the University's links with associated organisations, such as the Monash Club and student associations, and heads the University's crisis management function. He is the lead University executive responsible for Whistleblowers, Privacy and Ombudsman Victoria matters.
Mr Marshall came to Monash as Director of Personnel Services in 1995. He was later appointed Divisional Director (Student and Staff Services), responsible for managing all aspects of the University's policies, practices and services to students and staff. He was appointed Vice-President (Administration) in 2005.
Before joining Monash, Mr Marshall's career included roles in both the federal and state public service. He held senior human resource and financial management positions at several major Victorian government departments.
Mr Marshall has a Bachelor of Economics from Monash University, and is:
- a Chartered Member of the Australian Human Resources Institute
- a former Chair of the Group of Eight Universities Human Resource Directors Group
- Chair of the Callista Universities Senior Executive Group.
He has been on several consultative and working groups of Universities Australia.
- Monash HR
- Facilities and Services
- Campus Community
- Education Business Services
- Office of the General Counsel
- Office of Marketing and Communications
- Planning and Commercial Services
Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice-President
Room 125, Building 3a
Clayton, Victoria, 3800
Telephone: +61 3 9902 9897