Professor Edwina Cornish - Provost and Senior Vice-President
Professor Edwina Cornish is inaugural Provost at Monash University. As the chief academic officer the Provost and Senior Vice-President is responsible for:
- setting the University's academic strategy and priorities with a view to improving education, research and the financial performance of the University
- oversight of faculties, academic related portfolios and University-wide centres and institutes
- leading academic staffing strategies, including recruitment, probation, performance management, promotion, reward and recognition
- fostering interdisciplinary areas of excellence and collaboration.
Professor Cornish was appointed to the position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) at Monash University in February 2004. In August 2009 she also appointed Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor. In 2012 she was appointed to the role of Provost and Senior Vice-President of the University.
Professor Cornish has a BSc (Hons) in Biochemistry and a PhD in Microbiology from the University of Melbourne.
She played a key role in building one of Australia's first biotechnology companies, Florigene Limited. Under her leadership the company established global research and development and marketing operations and successfully commercialised the world's first genetically modified flowers.
Professor Cornish is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering.
Organisational Chart – Office of the Provost
The Faculty Deans report through the Provost and Senior Vice-President to the Vice-Chancellor for the academic and management leadership of their faculty.
- Dean, Faculty of Art Design and Architecture
- Dean, Faculty of Arts
- Dean, Faculty of Business and Economics
- Dean, Faculty of Education
- Dean, Faculty of Engineering
- Dean, Faculty of Information Technology
- Dean, Faculty of Law
- Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Science
- Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dean, Faculty of Science
The Provost and Senior Vice-President portfolio also includes:
- Vice-Provost (Learning and Teaching)
- Vice-Provost (Education Programs)
- Vice-Provost (Academic Performance)
- Vice-Provost (Research)
- Vice-Provost (Graduate Education)
- Vice-Provost(Research and Research Infrastructure)
- University Librarian
- Executive Director, Office of the Provost
- Monash Research Office
- Office of Planning and Quality
- Monash Graduate Education
- University research institutes and centres
See the Research at Monash website.
Ms Diana Ferwerda, Personal Assistant
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice-President
Monash University, Clayton campus
Wellington Road, Clayton, Victoria 3800 Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9902 9468