Professor Zlatko Skrbis - Vice-Provost (Graduate Education)
As Vice-Provost (Graduate Education), Professor Zlatko Skrbis is responsible for:
- Strategic oversight of Graduate Research, Graduate Coursework and Executive and Continuing Education across the Monash University system
- Monash Graduate Education, the central unit which administers the University's doctoral programs, including the new Monash Doctoral Program (PhD), postgraduate research scholarships and research training activities
- Enhancing recruitment and the quality of graduate research candidates
- Oversight of graduate programs at Monash Malaysia, IIT Bombay, South East University in China and those offered as part of the Monash-Warwick Alliance.
- Oversight of university-wide Early Career Research initiatives.
- Establishment of research training activities and quality measures.
Professor Skrbis has an established international reputation in graduate research training. Before joining Monash, he was Dean of the Graduate School at The University of Queensland and was involved in The University’s research training initiatives internationally.
Professor Skrbis has a strong portfolio of international experience relating to China, the EU, Indonesia and Latin America. He was an elected convener of the Universities Australia Council of Deans and Directors of Graduate Research (2012 - 2013) and the inaugural secretary of the Australian Council of Graduate Research (2015).
He has an extensive portfolio of past professional leadership involvement including Professorial Fellowships at The University of Warwick (2008) and The University of Manchester (2010). Professor Skrbis is an Honorary Monash-Warwick Professor and holds an Honorary Professorship in Sociology at the University of Queensland.
Professor Skrbis is a sociologist with an active and distinguished global research profile. He is renowned for his work in the fields of migration, cosmopolitanism, social theory and life-course studies.
He is the author of numerous articles and four books (including one translated into Arabic), and holds undergraduate degrees in philosophy and sociology of culture from the University of Ljubljana and a PhD in sociology from Flinders University in South Australia.
Mr Nick Edwards
Building 3A, Room 115
Telephone: +61 3 9902 0214