The information collected by Monash Residential Services or on our behalf, in your application for accommodation and, if you are successful, throughout your residency with Monash Residential Services is collected for the primary purpose of providing you with the accommodation services for which you have applied. Other purposes of collection include to:
- correspond and communicate with you;
- manage your accommodation and the services provided to you;
- correspond in the event of an emergency, with your nominated emergency contact person/s;
- assist with the management of your health and welfare issues;
- attend to day to day administrative and maintenance matters;
- facilitate and enable scholarship programs to which you may be eligible;
- the provision of associated services made available to or used by you (such as security, parking, information technology etc.);
- inform you about MRS functions and services and events;
- the conduct of background checks, including into your prior rental history, to ensure your suitability for a place in residential accommodation. Where adverse information is revealed by those checks, you will be given an opportunity to comment on the information;
- attend to disciplinary and security matters;
- attend to financial and debt recovery matters;
- for benchmarking, analyses, quality assurance and planning purposes;
- comply with legislative reporting requirements;
- use the information as otherwise permitted by the privacy laws;
The information collected may be disclosed to the following types of organisations:
- Government departments such as the Australian Taxation Office, the Department of Education, Science and Training and VTAC;
- Department of Immigration, Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs;
- Monash owned entities eg. Monash Accommodation Services; and
- Contracted service providers, which Monash Residential Services uses to perform services on its behalf (such as banks, mailing houses, logistics and IT service providers).
- Your prior accommodation providers where background checking is undertaken.
- In the event of emergencies, police, medical or hospital personnel, civil emergency services, your student's legal representative or nominated emergency contact person, or other person assessed as necessary to respond to the emergency.
If you choose not to provide the information requested, it may not be possible for Monash Residential Services to process your request. You have a right to access personal information that Monash University holds about you, subject to any exceptions in relevant legislation. If you wish to seek access to your personal information or inquire about the handling of your personal information, please contact the University Privacy Officer by email on firstname.lastname@example.org For further information relating to how your personal information is handled refer to privacy at Monash University
This collection statement includes all methods of collecting personal information (including hardcopy or electronic or verbal means) and includes but is not limited to the following: Application for Admission, Application for Re-Admission, Application for Stay Over Summer, Short Term Booking Request, Guest Booking, Hall/Room Transfer, Residency Agreements, Application for Parking Permit, Borrowing Spare Key, Arrival/Departure, Room/House Condition Report, Request for Overnight Stay of a Guest, Incident Report, Payment Advice, Maintenance Request, Resident Information Summaries, Short Term Accommodation Residency Agreement, Expressions of Interest to be a volunteer Resident Advisor, Medical allergies, medications and emergency contact details, Residential Tenancy Application - NRAS, and Residential Tenancies Agreement.
Last updated: 12 June 2017