Skip to content

Contact us about admissions

Admissions grievances and appeals


Feedback on unsuccessful applications

If unsuccessful, you can seek feedback on your application and how to improve your chances for future applications.

Undergraduate: Unsuccessful course applications are usually because your Year 12 results do not place you high enough in the tertiary ranking system. Requests for feedback should be made in writing to the faculty registrars or managers.

Postgraduate: Contact the course coordinator in the first instance. Each faculty has an appeal procedure, available from the faculty office. Further inquiries should be made in writing to faculty registrars or managers.

Student academic and administrative complaints and grievances

  1. Initial enquiry: For issues concerning admissions, first contact Monash Connect in person or call 1800 MONASH (1800 666 274). They should be able to resolve your issue.

  2. Complaint: If the initial enquiry does not resolve your issue you can send a written complaint to:

    Manager, Admissions
    Student and Education Business Services
    34 Exhibition Walk
    Monash University VIC 3800

  3. Grievance: If you believe the complaint has not been addressed in a satisfactory manner, you may submit a written grievance to the grievance officer:

    Student and Education Business Services
    34 Exhibition Walk
    Monash University VIC 3800

Relevant policy

Academic and Administrative Complaints and Grievances Policy

Get help

Send us a question

We aim to respond to you by email within one business day.

Call us

We're available Monday to Friday: 9am–5pm


1800 666 274 (+61 3 9902 6011 from outside Australia)

Visit us

Visit us at Monash Connect on your campus

We're open 9am to 5pm (AEST) Monday - Friday

Extended hours: Caulfield and Clayton are open until 6pm, Mon - Thu