You can apply for an internal transfer if you want to transfer:
- from one Monash coursework degree to another, and/or
- to a different Monash campus.
You can only transfer between the same course type (e.g. from one bachelor degree to another bachelor degree) and only if you haven't completed your course. If you are completing your current course and wish to enrol in another, you will need to apply as instructed in Find a course.
Masters by research or doctoral degree students should contact their faculty or Graduate Research about transfers.
Transferring course or campus is part of a competitive selection process. This means that you will be competing with other students for a place in the course.
The minimum eligibility requirements for a course transfer are:
- being a current Monash student (you must maintain your enrolment)
- meeting the prerequisites for the new course
- performing at an appropriate level in your current course
- successful completion of at least 12 credit points of a Monash University course.
The actual requirements for transfer may be higher
These are set by the faculty managing the course, including the number of completed credit points required to be considered for a transfer. Check the course transfer requirements carefully, before making an application for a transfer.
Credit for previous studies
If successful, you may be eligible for credit. Credit is awarded only if your previous studies are relevant to the new course.
When to apply
Round 1: Semester two applications open 8 May
Round 2: Semester two applications open 17 June
For closing dates, see the relevant section below.