You can apply for an internal transfer if you want to transfer:
- from one Monash coursework degree to another, and/or
- to a different Monash campus.
You can only transfer between the same course type (e.g. from one bachelor degree to another bachelor degree) and only if you haven't completed your course. If you are completing your current course and wish to enrol in another, you will need to apply as instructed in Find a course.
Masters by research or doctoral degree students should contact their faculty or Graduate Research about transfers.
Transferring course or campus is part of a competitive selection process. This means that you will be competing with other students for a place in the course.
The minimum eligibility requirements for a course transfer are:
- being a current Monash student (you must maintain your enrolment)
- meeting the prerequisites for the new course
- performing at an appropriate level in your current course
- successful completion of at least 12 credit points of a Monash University course.
The actual requirements for transfer may be higher
These are set by the faculty managing the course, including the number of completed credit points required to be considered for a transfer. Check the course transfer requirements carefully, before making an application for a transfer.
Credit for previous studies
If successful, you may be eligible for credit. Credit is awarded only if your previous studies are relevant to the new course.
Not all courses are open for transfer applications. Follow the link below to see the courses on offer and how to apply.
- View courses open for transfer applications
- Check the additional entry requirements for course transfers
- Click the Apply Now button (on same page as entry requirements)
- Submit an internal course transfer application (pdf, 0.25 mb) to the faculty managing the course. Do this before completing your current course.
- Ensure you remain enrolled in your current course while waiting for the outcome of your application.
Semester one - 31 October (of previous year)
Semester two - 12 June
When to apply
Applications for semester one 2017 are now closed.
Semester two applications open in May.