Dr Margaret Jackson AC
Dr Margaret Jackson AC (BEc 1973, HonLLD 2002) is an independent non-executive chairman of Spotless Group Holdings Ltd, a role she has held since March 2014.
She is also Chairman of Ansett Aviation Training Limited, a Director of the Prince’s Charities Australia and President of Australian Volunteers International.
Prior to this Dr Jackson was the Chairman of FlexiGroup Limited. She has also been a director of Billabong International Limited and Florey Neuroscience Institutes.
Before beginning her career as a full time company director in 1992, she was a partner of KPMG Peat Marwick's Management Consulting Division.
Dr Jackson holds a Bachelor of Economics degree from Monash University and completed an MBA with distinction at the University of Melbourne.
She received an Honorary Doctorate of Laws from Monash University in December 2002 and a Companion of the Order of Australia (AC) in June 2003 for service to business, medical research, the arts and education.
Dr Jackson served as a director on the Qantas board from mid-1992 and was Chairman of Qantas from 2000 to 2007.
Dr Jackson also holds the following leadership positions and fellowships:
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Chairman of the Asia Pacific Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS
- President of Australian Volunteers International
- Member of the Foreign Affairs Council
- Member of the Melbourne University Business School Association
- Committee director of the Australian Tissue Engineering Centre
- Member of the Government’s Task Group on Emissions Trading