As part of our support for our students’ career paths, we offer a Mentoring Program. This professional and career-focused program will give you an opportunity to receive guidance and support to assist with professional skills and career advice. It will also facilitate your personal and professional growth by increasing your access to an experienced mentor.
We collaborate with Organisations That Matter, a management consulting and training firm, to conduct the Mentoring Program Workshops which are designed to train both mentors and mentees to ensure that the mentoring experience is a positive and beneficial one.
As a mentee, you will be individually matched with a mentor appropriate to your professional goals and academic pursuits. Over the course of six months, you will meet with your mentor. This opportunity will enable you to learn strategies for success in a supportive environment.
Shape your future
- This is a professional and career-focused program
- Mentees are 3rd/4th year and graduate students (credit average and above)
- We aim to support the transition from study to work
- Please meet a minimum of three to four occasions throughout the program
How to apply and important dates
*Applications are now closed for the 2017 program*
- The duration of the program is from 1 May to 27 October 2017
- Mentee Training - Thursday 30 March, 5.00pm - 6.00pm or Friday 31 March, 5.00pm - 6.00pm
- Mentor Webinar Training for new mentors/refresher - Tuesday 2 May, 1.00pm - 2.00pm or 8.00pm - 9.00pm
- Meet Your Mentor (Launching the Relationship) - Thursday 11 May, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
- Thank you function - Thursday 26 October, 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Are you a professional interested in helping shape the future of our students? Download our Mentoring Program flyer for more information.