The Queer Mentoring Program is an employability-focused program for LGBTIQ Monash students preparing to enter the workforce.
If you are a leader in your profession who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer (LGBTIQ), and are interested in sharing your experience with Monash LGBTIQ students, we invite you to become a Queer Mentor.
We are seeking mentors across all disciplines and industries. As a Queer Mentor, you will:
- contribute to the career future of LGBTIQ students and support the LGBTIQ community
- provide insight to navigating sexuality or gender identity at work, based on your experience
- provide support to students in their career planning and decision-making
- gain exposure for your organisation to Monash students as prospective future employees
- develop and enhance your skills in coaching and mentoring.
We are seeking mentors who openly and comfortably identify as LGBTIQ and who have at least five years professional experience in a supervisory, management or leadership role.
The program runs for six months, with a minimum time input from mentors of one hour per month. New mentors will be required to attend a two hour orientation session in a city location.
To become a Queer Mentor, you need to identify as LGBTIQ and be:
- an industry and community professional with at least five years' experience
- preferably in a supervisory, management or leadership role
- open and comfortable with your sexuality and a positive role model
- willing to share your expertise and experience
- committed to investing time into the mentoring relationship
- able to provide constructive and honest feedback.
Register as a mentor
To register, please complete the online form.
Contact for enquiries
For more information about the program, email email@example.com
If you're a Monash student and seeking a mentor for this program, see the student mentees page.