Skip to content

Academic record (transcript)


An academic record is a formal transcript of your academic history at the University. You'll get a free academic record when you graduate, in digital format.

Your record includes all unit attempts and your grade for each unit. If you were enrolled in more than one course, it lists all courses and all units studied at Monash.

If you'd like, however, you can request a hard copy record for a specific course only. We'll include a statement that the document is not a complete record of all your studies at Monash.

There are two types of academic record - unofficial and official. To get copies, login to the Web Enrolment System (WES). If you're encumbered, you won't have access to hard copies of your academic record in WES.

Unofficial record

At anytime, you can access a record of your past results and print an unofficial record in the Web Enrolment System.

Official record

For the current price of an official academic record, see miscellaneous fees.

Digital format

Current students

If you’re currently enrolled at Monash University, you can buy an official academic record in digital format. You can also provide a link to potential employers or other people, so they can view a verified copy online.

To buy your digital academic record:

  1. Login to the Web Enrolment System to order and pay.
  2. Within three working-days, your record becomes available through the My eQuals portal.


From May this year, graduates will receive their official academic record in digital format. Within three working-days of your ceremony, you’ll receive an email about how to access your digital record.

If you graduate more than 12 months after course completion, you’ll receive a hard copy only.

Accessing your digital documents

When accessing your digital documents, use your Monash account details to login to the My eQuals portal.

It's important to update your account details so you can continue to access your documents after your Monash account expires.

You'll also have to verify your email address before viewing your documents for the first time:

  1. Login to My eQuals
  2. Click on your name to see a dropdown menu (top right of screen)
  3. Select Profile settings and check your email address status
  4. If the status is Not verified, go to the Actions column and click VERIFY
  5. Check your email  for the verification email and click ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT
  6. You'll now be able to view your record in the My eQuals portal.

Hard copy format

By standard mail

Order and pay for a hard copy academic record to be sent by mail. After payment, you can check the progress of your order online. Delivery times are about three to five working days within Australia and can take  three  to  five weeks overseas.

Past students can also order online using WES (login) past students. If you attended or completed your course before 1997, allow 10-15 working days for delivery.

Tracked delivery

For recorded delivery by Express Post within Australia, and DHL overseas, please contact Monash Connect.  An extra cost applies to this service which will be quoted at the time of ordering, based on your location. Your transcript will be mailed to you within 24 hours.

In person, same day

Current and past students can buy an official record (hard copy) and collect it on the same day by visiting Monash Connect on campus.

Get help

Send us a question

We aim to respond to you by email within one business day.

Visit us today

Visit us at Monash Connect on your campus

Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm

Call us

We're available Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

+61 3 9902 6011