10 March 2017
Extended opening hours competition details
How to enter
To enter the competition, entrants must follow these steps during the competition period:
- Accept the terms and conditions below (or where the entrant is under 18, the entrant' parent or guardian must accept these terms and conditions);
- Post a photo of your on-campus purchase to Instagram and tell us in 50 words or less how the extended opening hours adds to your campus experience.
- Your post needs to also include the hashtag #monashfoodies, or for the @monash_foodies account to be tagged. Instagram account will need to be set to public in order for the post to be visible to competition organisers.
Entry is open to current employees and students of Monash, from all campuses. It is also open to members of the public.
Begins at 12.01am, Friday 10 March 2017, closes 11.59pm, Monday 10 April 2017.
Major prize: $100 Good Food voucher
Secondary prizes: 5x $20 vouchers (winners can choose from Supernatural, Optus, Roll'd, GYG, Sumo salad, Secret Garden Eatery, Schnitz, Grafali)
Selection of winners
At the end of the competition, posts from all participants will be pooled and five participants will be randomly drawn from the pool to win one of five $20 vouchers on campus.
One participant from the remaining pool of entries which have not won a prize, will be randomly drawn to win the main prize - a $100 Good Food voucher.
Winners will have their images regrammed to the @Monash_Foodies Instagram account.
Announcement of winners
The six winners will be notified through their Instagram account, with instructions on how to collect their prizes by Wednesday 12 April. Their posts will also be regrammed on @Monash_Foodies Instagram, announcing them as winners.
Terms and conditions
- The promoter of the prize draw is Monash University (ABN 12 377 614 012) (Monash).
- Information on how to enter this competition and prize details published by Monash form part of these terms and conditions of entry (Terms).
- Monash accepts no responsibility for late entries or entries not received for any reason. Monash reserves the right to:
- cancel, terminate, delay, modify or suspend the prize draw at any time;
- withdraw the invitation to participate from any person, including where that person incorrectly receives an invitational email and
- amend or vary these Terms during the Competition Period.
- The winner(s) will be chosen as outlined in the above details.
- Prizes must be taken as offered and are not redeemable for cash or an alternative prize. Prizes are not transferrable.
- Monash reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrants at its discretion at any time. Monash's decision on all aspects relating to this competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Monash may request further information from the prizewinner to confirm the prizewinner and their entry is eligible and complies with these Terms. This may include, for example, requesting proof of identification.
- By entering, entrants:
- confirm that any content they submit is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of third parties;
- grant Monash a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive licence (with the right to sub-licence) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, communicate with the public and otherwise exploit the Submission content in any media for any purpose (including to advertise or promote any of Monash's products or services);
- consent to any act or omission by Monash that would otherwise infringe any moral rights that may subsist in the entry; and
- agree to sign any further documentation required by Monash to give effect to this clause.
- It is the entrant's responsibility to ensure they are readily contactable through the information provided at the time of entry.
- If a winner does not respond to claim the prize within five days of Monash attempting to contact the winner, the winner forfeits the prize. If this occurs, Monash may offer the prize to other entrants until a valid winner has been contacted.
- Unless otherwise agreed by Monash, the winner must collect their prize in person at the Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula or Parkville campuses.
- Monash accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize, either during or after the competition.
- Without limiting clause 12, Monash makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, Monash is not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by Monash or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply of goods and services by any person to the prize winner, and where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of Monash or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.