Applications, selection process and cancellations
The International Professional Experience (IPE) program is open to eligible pre-service teachers across early years, primary and secondary courses, who:
- will be in their 3rd or 4th year of a Bachelor of Education course, or have completed at least one professional experience as part of the Masters of Teaching course; and
- have satisfactorily completed their previous professional experience (the one directly prior to applying for the IPE program).
Applications and selection process
Recruitment for the IPE program (all countries) runs from March to April and July to August, dependent of the location, each year and follows the format below:
- Information session for the IPE program is run in early March or July for all interested students across all three campuses.
- Online Application form and Online Travel Bursary form open after the information sessions and usually close in March/August (an email will be sent to confirm the closing date of applications). Students are encouraged to apply for more than one placement, but should nominate a first preference.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview, and bring PE reports, referee reports, etc.
- Successful students will be notified by the end of April/August that they have been accepted into the IPE program and for which setting.
Semester 1 selection seeks applicants for the following locations: Cook Islands, India, Malaysia and South Africa.
Semester 2 selection seeks applicants for the following locations: China, Israel, Italy and the United Arab Emirates. Malaysia may run again in the summer break, but will be determined based on interest.
We will make every effort to find a replacement for you should you have to withdraw from the IPE program for reasons outside of your control (e.g. illness, death in the family, etc.). However, if you withdraw within 6 weeks of the start date of the program, we will need to take 10% of the total program cost from you as an administrative fee and to cover any non-refundable costs we incur with regard to travel and accommodation arrangements.