Professional Experience Placement Variation Application procedure
Periods of placement in schools, early childhood centres and other educational settings that are deemed to constitute the required number of supervised teaching practice days as well as counselling and psychological organisations/agencies as outlined in the relevant accreditation body’s guidelines.
Requests to vary placement/professional experience dates or location.
Professional Experience Advisor
A Professional Experience Adviser works with and supports students in their professional experience, developing and maintaining systematic processes for quality professional / placement experiences.
Chief Examiners of units provide students with clear information about the vision and features of the unit, including its fit with and contribution to the overall philosophy, structure, scope, sequence and assessment of the course.
Exceptional circumstances include those of a medical nature or cases where students have a long-term prior commitment (in place before enrolling in a Monash course) that precludes them from completing the placement at the scheduled time.
- Students may apply for placement variation in exceptional circumstances.
- All applications must be lodged with the Professional Experience Office preferably at the commencement of the course.
- All applications must provide supporting evidence which verifies the exceptional circumstances.
- All applications will be considered on a case by case basis. Professional Experience Advisors are responsible for the assessment of all placement variation applications in Professional Experience units. Where placements are embedded within core curriculum units, the Chief Examiner of the unit will assess the application. When considering applications, Professional Experience Advisors/Chief Examiners may seek advice/input from the Chief Examiners/Unit Coordinators, Student Advisors, Professional Experience Directors and/or the Partnerships and Professional Placements staff as required/appropriate.
- The only exception to these arrangements occurs when a placement variation has been lodged because a student needs to vary their dates due to a lack of alignment in school dates between Victoria and other Australian states, or other countries. In these cases the application is assessed by the Manager – Partnerships and Professional Placements.
- Students will be notified whether or not their application has been successful by the Professional Experience Office.
- Professional Experience Directors
- Professional Experience Advisors
- Chief Examiners
- Manager Partnerships and Professional Placements
- Education Portfolio Governance Structure
- Partnerships and Professional Placement strategic plan
- Application for Professional Placement Variation