Supporting Literacy Strategies in Primary Schools
This course provides Education Support Staff, parents and classroom helpers with practical strategies that support learning for primary school students who are struggling with literacy. It gives you an understanding of the literacy methodologies used in classrooms.
- Effective evidence-based methodologies
- How children learn language and the importance of 'Talk'
- Why children fail to learn to read
- Ways to help children with spelling difficulties
- How to learn to read effectively
- Specific strategies to support the development of comprehension
- Specific strategies to support the development of writing
- Multi-sensory approaches to literacy education
- Hands on, interactive and fun-learning experiences to support spelling, reading, writing and comprehension development
- Useful resources for literacy development.
Delivery is over fifteen hours.
Cost for 2018
$460 (GST free)
Dates and venues for 2018
Please contact us to express interest in the next program.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course. However, you must possess a satisfactory level of spoken and written English.
- Your presenter will identify a variety of practical tasks during the course
- Class participation / minimum class attendance is required.
You will receive with a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.