Invergowrie Foundation Scholarship for Women
The Invergowrie Foundation is a public charitable trust. The primary focus of the Foundation is to promote and advance the education of girls and women in Victoria.
Two generous scholarships of $5,000 each are available for female students currently completing the final year of a BSc/BEd degree, the MTeach (Secondary) or the Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary) at Monash University who will be seeking employment in Victoria after completion of their degree.
Eligibility and selection criteria
To apply you must be:
- a Victorian resident
- an Australian citizen or holder of a permanent visa or a permanent humanitarian visa
- undertaking teaching specialisms in the Sciences and/or Mathematics
- able to demonstrate academic excellence (credit average or higher)
- able to demonstrate a passion for science
- planning to teach in Victoria in the year following completion of your degree
- enrolled full-time in either the
- final year of a BSc/BEd degree
- final year of MTeach (Secondary) and already have a degree in Science
- Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary) and already have a degree in Science.
The following additional selection criteria may also be considered:
- demonstrated socio-economic disadvantage
- Victorian regional or rural background, including a significant part of secondary schooling undertaken in a Victorian rural or regional school
- demonstrated potential leadership, welfare, advocacy or social engagement in the community.
How to apply
Prepare your application
Include the following in your application:
- a formal letter of application (one to two pages) for the scholarship
- one or two pages outlining the following:
- your reasons for becoming a science/maths teacher
- current issues you consider should be part of the curriculum when educating students in science/mathematics
- your communication skills
- the ways in which you would benefit from the scholarship
- your involvement in other work - for example:
- university committees
- a CV including
- contact details
- past employment
- voluntary work
- a scanned copy of your academic transcript current to the end of last year and
- a copy of your enrolment details for this year.
The Invergowrie Foundation is responsible for selection, therefore you should address your application to:
Ms Kim Bartlett
Chief Executive Officer
The Invergowrie Foundation
Submit your application
Applications close on Friday 3 June 2016, 5pm. Short-listed applicants will be notified and invited to an interview in mid June 2016.
Please email your application with all the relevant attachments to Rebecca.Cooper@monash.edu