Viewing of examination scripts
The University has a formal process governing the assessment of coursework students and feedback on that assessment. This is managed within the framework of the University's Statute 6.1.5 Assessment and the regulations, policy and procedures made pursuant to the statute:
- Assessment in coursework policy and Unit assessment procedures.
- Faculty of Engineering Student access to exam papers policy (PDF, 0.05 MB).
Principles of viewing an exam script
The primary objective of allowing students to view their exam script is:
‘to provide academic feedback to the student on their exam performance, enabling them to understand where they went wrong and to thereby improve their future learning.’
- All fail grade examinations have already been second marked in accordance with University and faculty procedures.
- Viewing of exam scripts is permitted under academic supervision in the first two weeks of the following semester at a time specified by the department.
- Viewing of deferred or supplementary exam scripts will be scheduled at a time specified by the department or school:
- Semester one units — the two weeks immediately following the release of semester one deferred/supplementary results.
- Semester two units — the first two weeks of the following semester.
- A maximum of ten minutes will be allocated to view an exam script.
- Academic staff will not enter into negotiation over final exam marks.
- With the exception of distance education units, copies of exam scripts will not be provided to students.
- Exam scripts are normally destroyed six months after the release of results for the unit.
Apply to view your exam script
Arrangements for exam viewing vary by department and school. Links to specific details are provided below. Sunway students should contact their School office directly.
|Chemistry - Faculty of Science|
|Civil Engineering (PDF, 0.1 MB)|
|Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering|
|Mathematics - Faculty of Science|
|Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering|
|Physics - Faculty of Science|
|Faculty of Information Technology|
Application and viewing deadlines
|Applications to view exam script opens||Check with the relevant department/school|
|Applications to view exam script closes||Check with the relevant department/school|
|Viewing of exam scripts||A ten minute timeframe scheduled by the department during the first two weeks of the following semester|