Summer research program scholarships 2017 - 2018
Applications for the 2017 - 2018 Faculty of Engineering Summer Research Program Scholarships will open on 10 July 2017.
Summer research scholarships are run over the summer break for 12 weeks. If you're interested in a research career or furthering your studies, this is a great opportunity to get ahead over the holidays.
Research scholarships aim to provide you with:
- Experience in an area of research
- An insight into future opportunities within research
- Encouragement to pursue a career in research or academia
Faculty of Engineering Program
Student project dates between: 20 November 2017 – 23 February 2018.
Explore the world of engineering research with Monash University's Faculty of Engineering Summer Research Program.
Undergraduate students who are in level 3 or above, have a minimum of 48 credit points remaining in their degree and have a weighted average mark greater than 80% are invited to apply to undertake a research project over a 12 week period.
Successful applicants must be able to start in November and commit to the full 12 week project, a compulsory induction session and the following research events:
- Finding resources
- Writing a literature review
- Presentations by Academic staff members on their research path
- Progress report presentation
- Designing a poster
- Writing a research paper
- Presenting your poster
The program will conclude with a poster presentation/competition, where you will present a visual display of your investigation and research completed in the 12 weeks.
As a Summer Research scholarship holder you will:
- Receive a $400 per week allowance
- Explore a topical problem in great depth from a variety of research areas
- Gain research experience which will stand you in good stead when applying for engineering research degrees at Monash University
For further information and details please see: Summer and Winter Research Scholarship Program, Central Scholarship Unit.
2017 - 2018 Projects
For further information and details on how to apply, see Summer Research Scholarships
If you have any queries please contact:
Mr Daniel Rooke
Senior Student Services Officer
Faculty of Engineering
T: +61 3 9902 0279