EO and OH&S
Equal Opportunity (EO)
The Faculty of Engineering is committed to promoting Equal Opportunity (EO) in education and employment. The Equal Opportunity policy applies to all students, staff and activities undertaken at Monash University. In support of the policy, the Faculty aims to provide an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment, vilification and victimisation.
To help students prepare for their responsibilities as a student in the Faculty of Engineering learning community and as a graduate and professional engineer in the future, all new commencing students are required to complete online Equal Opportunity training upon enrolment.
In recognition of the professional development achieved, students should register completion of the EO training module with the Equity Unit. Carefully read the information provided and then complete the student module at your own pace (authcate login required).
Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S)
Monash University strives to provide a healthy and safe study environment for students. As well, each student at Monash University is responsible for ensuring that their own study and work practices reflect good occupational health and safety and environmental standards in order to protect their own health, safety and the environment of others.
The responsibilities of students include:
- complying with occupational health and safety instructions, policies and procedures;
- using a documented risk management process to eliminate or minimise occupational health and safety and environmental risks where appropriate, e.g. for new research projects;
- using and maintaining safety devices and personal protective equipment correctly;
- being familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures and complying with the instructions given by emergency response personnel such as emergency wardens and first aiders; and
- not wilfully or recklessly endangering the health and safety of any person.
Students should complete the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) module on the Orientation Online (O_O) Moodle page.
Emergency telephone numbers - Clayton campus
|Emergency (internal phone) dial||333|
|Emergency (mobile phone)||9905 3333|