Skip to content

Discontinue your course


If you're sure you want to discontinue from your course entirely, you need to apply for course discontinuation.

If you discontinue after a certain date, you may still have to pay fees or have a fail recorded on your academic record. This could affect you if you decide to return to study later on. Before you discontinue, check the penalties for discontinuing units.

Before you discontinue

We recommend you talk to someone before submitting your application. You can get free advice and support from a range of services to help you make an informed decision.

Your options include:

To apply for discontinuation

Domestic students

Use one of the following methods to discontinue:

International students

If you're planning to transfer to another university, see transfer to another provider.

Related links

Get help

Send us a question

We aim to respond to you by email within one business day.

Visit us today

Visit us at Monash Connect on your campus

We're open 9am to 5pm (AEDT) Monday - Friday

Call us

We're available Monday to Friday: 9am–5pm

+61 3 9902 6011