A research year is from 1 January - 31 December. We email you in September advising you to enrol using WES or a Course Enrolment form from your faculty.
Research candidates need to re-enrol if you:
- plan to continue study in the following year
- are currently on intermission (study leave) but will return to study in the following year
- will not submit a thesis before 21 December.
Re-enrolment dates and timeline
|Re-enrolment||10 Oct - 30 Nov||2016|
|Timetable for the following year opens in Class Timetable||11 Nov||2016|
|Late re-enrolment includes a late fee||1 - 9 Dec||2016|
Do not leave re-enrolment until the last day because:
- you may need to contact your faculty for course advice
- we will not waive the late enrolment fee due to WES access problems.
Your faculty will contact you in May or June about mid-year re-enrolment.
Steps to re-enrol
- Check your course requirements and seek course advice
- Use WES to re-enrol. For help, see WES instructions for research students
You get a transaction number for successful re-enrolment (beginning with U). We send this to your Monash email account. Keep this number as proof of your re-enrolment. If you do not receive a transaction number, you have not enrolled correctly.
Course and unit information
It's your responsibility to choose units that comply with your course requirements and to re-enrol on time. For information and advice:
Use the Handbook to investigate your unit options and see your faculty re-enrolment information below.
Debts or penalties
We will not permit you to re-enrol if have any outstanding debts to the University. We will charge a fee for late re-enrolment if your encumbrance isn't lifted in time. See fee non-payment (encumbrance). If you have a scholarship, it may be suspended.
PhD, MPhil and 100% research master's candidates
| Website: |
|Monash Graduate Education |
Professional Doctorates and all other research master's candidates
Contact your faculty research office.