Skip to content

Department of Veterans Affairs benefits


The US Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) will pay education benefits for approved study or training programs to eligible students.

Although you may be eligible for more than one Veterans Affairs (VA) educational chapter, you can only receive benefits for one at a time. Each VA education program has eligibility requirements under chapters of Title 38, US Code (USC).

The US DVA will decide your eligibility. For any enquiries, contact:

Buffalo VA Regional Office
(Foreign Schools)
PO Box 4616
Buffalo NY 14240 - 4616

Telephone: +1 716 857 3196 or +1 716 857 3197

If you are applying from a foreign school, dial 1 to go to the head of the queue.

To apply

To receive veterans educational assistance, you must provide official transcripts of prior education, training and experience at the time you enrol. Your education and training will be evaluated to determine if any units can be applied to your proposed degree program to decrease your course duration.

You must notify the VA certifying official if you:

  • reduce your hours of enrolment by withdrawing from a unit
  • terminate your enrolment
  • make any other changes that would affect your status.

If you withdraw or drop a unit, you may have to repay all or part of the benefits you received for that unit.

Get help

Send us a question

We aim to respond to you by email within one business day.

Visit us today

Visit us at Monash Connect on your campus

Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm

Call us

We're available Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

+61 3 9902 6011