International students on a student visa must have health cover for the length of their visa while studying in Australia. For health cover options, see Allianz Global Assistance for students.
The benefits of full visa cover are:
- a discount for making a single payment
- no premium price rises
- holiday credits are added to your cover.
International students who are not on a student visa are strongly encouraged to purchase personal health cover for their time in Australia. Further details about health cover options are available from Allianz Global Assistance for overseas visitors.
The Department of Health also has information about health cover for students and visitors.
Order your OSHC card
You should order your OSHC card as soon as you arrive in Australia, you will need to:
- nominate an Australian postal address for delivery
- present this membership card every time you visit a medical service provider.
Pricing and advice
- 2017 OSHC price list
- 2017 calculate prices - new students
- 2017 calculate prices - continuing students
- Times to meet an OSHC adviser on campus
- Coverage for maternity services (pdf, 0.43 mb)
- Allianz OSHC brochure - managing your cover (pdf 3.9mb)
Get the OSHC app
You can manage your health cover using My OSHC Assistant: