Outline of Scheme
The China Scholarship Council and Monash University have established a collaborative scholarship program to attract high quality Chinese students to undertake PhD. Long-term research co-operation between Monash University and research-intensive Chinese universities is a further aim of the program.
A number of candidates each year will be awarded scholarships that cover tuition fees and provide a living allowance for up to three years in the first instance. Scholarship allowances also meet overseas student health cover (OSHC), visa application fees and the cost of a return international air fare between Australia and China.
Applications are now invited from eligible applicants.
Areas of Research
Currently, the priority areas for these scholarships are:
- Agriculture and food security,
- Energy and environment,
- Life sciences and public health(especially emerging infectious diseases) including biotechnology,
- Governance and public policy reform,
- Communication and information technology,
- Economics and business,
- Engineering and architecture including urban planning,
- Applied social sciences including law and WTO-related areas
- Fundamental studies in science and technology, health sciences, the humanities and the arts.
These will be subject to annual review.
The information provided on this page is correct as at 01/06/2016, and may be revised once the outcomes of the Australian Government's Review of Research Policy and Funding Arrangements are known.