Monash is Australia’s biggest university and one of the world’s top 100. And, at just over 50 years old, we’re only just getting started! We’re also one of the eight Australian universities that make up the prestigious ‘Group of Eight’. We measure ourselves against a series of international and local standards.
- top 100 in the world for Computer Science and Information Systems by the 2016 QS World University Rankings
- in the top 150 for Computer Science by the 2015 Academic Ranking of World Universities by Subject Fields
- 53rd in the world for Engineering and Technology by the 2015-2016 Times Higher Education World University Rankings
University wide rankings
Monash is ranked:
- in the top one per cent of world universities - 74th in the world - according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2016-2017)
- 65th university in the world according to the 2016 QS World University Rankings
- in the top 100 world universities according to the 2016 Academic Ranking of World Universities compiled by Shanghai Jiao Tong University
We’re a member of Australia's prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) universities, recognised for excellence in teaching, learning, research and graduate outcomes. That sounds great when you say it, but what does it mean?
It means that we know what we’re doing when it comes to what universities are here to do – teaching you, inspiring you, and helping you go on to do amazing things. It means that our staff are among the world’s best. It means that our research is helping to change the world. And it means that when you study with us, you might change it, too.