Before and during orientation checklist
These simple tips are designed to help you get the most out of your orientation experience.
- Log in to the Student Portal and become familiar with its services, and check for any important messages you might have received.
- Check out your free University email account, and make a note to check your emails regularly. All correspondence with the University must be through your Monash email account.
- Check out the Orientation ePlanner.
- Learn from other students in the faculty (especially your peer mentors) - their experiences will help you learn.
- Get to know the faculty and its staff. Do not be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure about anything.
- Don't overload your orientation schedule.
- Be open to new experiences, and tolerant of the values of University life. Get to know University culture. Keep an open mind to this different educational system.
- Make sure you understand study requirements for academic work outside the classroom. Find out where to access resources to help you perform to the best of your abilities.
- Take time to familiarise yourself with the transportation networks and the intercampus shuttle bus service.
- Explore cross campus, study abroad and exchange options and opportunities available at Monash.
- Enhance your studies and explore experiences beyond the academic, get actively involved in the University and the community.