Monash IT is about getting out there and doing it. We give you hands-on, real-world IT experience, which means you’ll get to apply the skills you’re learning to a project for a professional organisation during your degree. So when it’s time to make your mark in the real world – you’ll be ready.
Knowledge and experience – putting it all together
As part of your studies with us, you’ll get a chance to put your IT knowledge to work by completing one of the following hands-on experiences:
- one or two six-month industry-based learning (IBL) placements with one of our industry partners
- a team-based industry experience studio project developing an IT system for a business client
- a computer science project designing and building a software solution
- a data science project analysing and interpreting real-world ‘big data’
- a collaborative studio project designing and developing a game or multimedia creation.
Our undergraduate students gain valuable professional and business experience during one or two industry placements that count towards your degree.
With our undergraduate industry experience projects, develop an IT system for a business client, and apply your knowledge and skills in a professional environment.
Our industry experience projects help our IT graduate students to develop new skills and apply the knowledge gained throughout their course in a professional environment.
As an undergraduate or postgraduate student, MITI gives you an opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with leading Australian and global industry partners.