Computer science covers all the basics of systematic computer design, programming, and development of software and hardware. Studies in this area give you the skills to shape exciting future technological developments.
Studies in computer science at the Faculty of IT are not restricted to current technologies. Our courses teach you the principles behind computer science, giving you the opportunity to drive cutting edge projects in areas such as bioinformatics, intelligent systems, networking, and scientific computing.
Some of the tasks computer scientists work on include:
- making the web manageable with powerful search engines
- making entertainment more exciting (e.g. animation and gaming)
- breaking new ground in science with sophisticated data analysis methods
- advancing medical research (e.g. predicting drug function and interpreting genetic information)
- making electronic networks safer with new encryption and security systems.
Relevant undergraduate courses:
Relevant postgraduate courses: