In collaboration with Monash University, Data61 offers scholarships for exceptional PhD candidates working in data-related disciplines, such as analytics, cyber-physical systems, software and computational systems and decision sciences.
How to Apply
- Check your eligibility
- Find a Monash supervisor affiliated with Data61
- Apply to Monash
- Apply to Data61
Please be aware that you must have applied for admission, been admitted, or be enrolled in a PhD at Monash University to be eligible for a Data61 scholarship. You must also apply for a Monash University scholarship at the same time as applying for the Data61 scholarship award.
For more details on the Data61 application process contact Monash Data61 Administrator.
Data61 scholarship rounds close at 5pm October 31st and 5pm April 30th.
A strong academic record is required to be competitive for one of these scholarships. All research students with an (Honours H1) 80% + grade degree or the equivalent GPA 80% + standard may apply.
Selection for scholarships is based on:
- Academic merit
- Research experience
- Publications relative to opportunity
- Alignment with Data61's research priorities
- Scholarships are available for up to 3.5 years of study.
- Full stipends are paid at the same rate as Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA), ($26,288 per annum in 2016, indexed annually).
- Scholarships are available for both Australian and international students.
- International students may be eligible to receive a Faculty fee scholarship.
- For more information about the scholarships available see the CSIRO Data61 scholarship guidelines.