In collaboration with Monash University, Data61 offers scholarships for exceptional PhD candidates working in data-related disciplines, such as analytics, cyber-physical systems, software and computational systems and decision sciences.
How to Apply
- Check your eligibility
- Find a Monash supervisor affiliated with Data61
- Apply to Monash
- Apply to Data61
Please be aware that you must have applied for admission, been admitted, or be enrolled in a PhD at Monash University to be eligible for a Data61 scholarship. You must also apply for a Monash University scholarship at the same time as applying for the Data61 scholarship award.
Data61 scholarship rounds close at 5pm October 31st and 5pm April 30th.
A strong academic record is required to be competitive for one of these scholarships. All research students with an (Honours H1) 80% + grade degree or the equivalent GPA 80% + standard may apply.
Selection for scholarships is based on:
- Academic merit
- Research experience
- Publications relative to opportunity
- Alignment with Data61's research priorities
- Scholarships are available for up to 3.5 years of study.
- Full stipends are paid at the same rate as Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA), ($26,288 per annum in 2016, indexed annually).
- Scholarships are available for both Australian and international students.
- International students may be eligible to receive a Faculty fee scholarship.
- For more information about the scholarships available see the CSIRO Data61 scholarship guidelines.