Yes, you can save and exit your unfinished application at any stage and return later via the ‘Applicants and New Starters’ link on the Jobs at Monash homepage.
Please ensure that you update your profile records if there are any changes to your contact details during the selection process. It is important that the University is able to contact you via email, telephone or at a postal address.
You will receive an automatic acknowledgement email almost immediately after you have submitted your application.
If you do not receive a response, please check that the email address you provided is correct or make sure that there is nothing sitting in your Junk/SPAM Mail box. If you are still having difficulties, please call the contact person listed on the job advertisement under ‘Enquiries’.
The duration of the selection process does vary greatly. Should you have any queries regarding the timing of a particular recruitment activity, the contact person in the job advertisement under ‘Enquiries’, will be able to advise you.
You can withdraw your application at any time via the ‘Applicants and New Starters link on the Jobs at Monash homepage.
You are able to change or update some fields on your application form, but not all fields. For further information if this is required, please email the contact person listed on the job advertisement under ‘Enquiries’.
Contact the person listed on the job advertisement under ‘Enquiries’.
Check the Monash website for information about the Faculty or Portfolio and for a wide range of information about the University.
The University accepts applications from overseas applicants. However, we are required to ensure that applicants are entitled to undertake employment in Australia by the time they commence employment with the University in accordance with the guidelines established by the Department of Immigration and Border Control.
Offers of employment to overseas applicants are subject to the Department of Immigration and Border Control granting approval for permanent residency or an appropriate temporary work visa to cover the period of employment.
Further information is available from the Department of Immigration and Border Control.
Applicants are required to notify the University of any Immigration Restriction that may preclude them from fulfilling the terms of any contract of employment offered by the University.
The contact person provided in the job advertisement under ‘Enquiries’, will be able to advise whether an employer sponsored visa is available for this position.
If you are successful for an interview, a member of the selection committee will provide advice as to the options available to attend – whether in person or remotely.
Monash University may provide travel and relocation assistance to new staff relocating from either interstate or overseas in order to take up a position with the University. The contact person stated in the job advertisement under ‘Enquiries’, will be able to provide advice as to whether this assistance is available for this position.
The Monash salary rates, or payscales, are separated into 5 categories:
- Academic staff salary rates - http://adm.monash.edu.au/enterprise-agreements/academic-professional-2014/s1-academic-salary-rates.html
- Professional staff salary rates - http://adm.monash.edu.au/enterprise-agreements/academic-professional-2014/s1-professional-salary-rates.html
- Trades and Services staff salary rates - http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/enterprise-agreements/trades-services-bmt-2009/63.html
- Teaching Associate Sessional and Casual Research Assistant rates - http://adm.monash.edu.au/enterprise-agreements/academic-professional-2014/schedule2.html
- Casual Professional Staff salary rates - http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/workplace-policy/remuneration/salaries/gen-casual.html
Please note that salaries shown include superannuation, so your Base salary will be the total amount, less superannuation.
Monash values the privacy of every individual’s personal information and is committed to the protection of personal information. Your personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic.) The Monash Recruitment Privacy Collection Statement sets out how the University handles your personal information for recruitment, engagement or other career related purposes.
If your application is successful, Monash University will retain your information which will become part of your employment records. Please refer to the HR privacy collection statement for further details. If your application is unsuccessful, Monash University will retain your information on its database and may use this information to assess your suitability for other employment opportunities with the University. Should you wish to be removed from the database please email HR-Jobs@monash.edu with the words "Remove from database" in the subject line.
When you accept an offer of employment at Monash, you may be asked to provide proof of work rights in Australia. You will need to provide a certified copy of one of the documents listed below:
- A valid Australian passport; or
- An expired Australian passport and an Australian driver licence; or
- An Australian citizenship certificate and an Australian driver licence or photo ID; or
- An Australian birth certificate and an Australian driver licence or photo ID; or
- A certificate of evidence of Australian citizenship and an Australian driver licence or photo ID.
- A valid passport
A certified copy of a document is a photocopy of the original that has been declared a true copy by an authorised person.
Who can certify documents?
For a list of people authorised to certify a document, please see this list.
How to certify
- Take the original and a copy to an authorised person.
- The person will write on every page of the copy: “I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original.”
- The person will sign each statement and write their profession, for example, 'Pharmacist'.
If you prefer, these documents can be sighted by a Monash University staff member in a fixed-term or continuing position.
Why are we asking for this?
Under Section 245 AB of the Migration Act 1958, Monash University has a legal obligation to ensure all employees have the right to work in Australia.