How do I submit an assignment?
You must complete an Assignment Cover Sheet, available at the Law Student Services counters (where the assignment boxes are) or download the assignment cover sheet form (DOCX, 0.02 MB).
- You need to complete ALL sections of the form including and read, sign and date the Student Statement
- You should staple assignments - NO plastic pockets are to be used
- If you are required to submit two copies of your assignment, complete two Assignment Cover Sheets, and staple to each copy of your assignment
- Under no circumstances will assignments be retrieved once submitted.
Where do I submit my assignment?
The assignment submission boxes are located opposite the Law Student Services counter.
When do I submit my assignment?
Assignments must be submitted by the due date.
You may apply for an extension in a law unit, not exceeding two working days of the due date, by submitting a short extension form(DOC, 0.07 MB) to the Chief Examiner of the unit. A DLU registration letter may be considered as sufficient evidence only when applying for a Short Extension (2 days or less, see below) directly to the Chief Examiner of the unit. Note: This does not apply to class tests.
An extension of more than two working days will be available only as an outcome of an application of Special Consideration.
What happens to the assignment when I submit it?
- All assignments will be date stamped and recorded as received on the day of submission
- A receipt will not be issued; students are advised to retain a copy of their assignments.
How do I collect my marked assignment?
The lecturer will email you when completed assignments will be available for collection.
They can then be collected from the Student Services Office during normal office hours.
You will need to produce your Student ID and sign the class list as having received your assignment.
If you are unable to collect your assignment in person, you may nominate a proxy who will need to bring a dated letter, signed by both of you. The letter must be an original.