Why study the Monash JD
The Monash JD is designed for graduates from non-law backgrounds and provides an opportunity to pursue a career change or follow an ambition to practise law.
Choose from an exceptional range of elective units and study in the heart of Melbourne's renowned legal precinct.
What you get out of a Monash JD:
- City location: specialist learning centre in Melbourne's renowned legal precinct
- Prestige: Monash Law School is internationally recognised as one of the top 30 law schools worldwide (QS World University Rankings)
- Flexible study modes: choose to enrol in evening classes (part-time students only) and intensive electives
- Work placements: get hands on experience at one of Monash Law's community legal centres while earning credit points towards your JD
- Community: join a close-knit student community from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions
- Travel the world: access to international study programs at our Italy and Malaysia campuses and partner universities
- Strengthen your career: learn practical and transferable skills leading to a range of career opportunities in law and other professional fields
- Experts: access to the expertise and experience of local legal professionals and internationally recognised academic visitors
- Pathways to Oxford, Cambridge and King's College: exclusive opportunities for Monash JD graduates to pursue further study at these world-renowned universities
- Choice: unique and exceptional breadth of elective units, including units from the Monash Law Masters program
Interested in the Monash JD? See what you'll be studying.