Why study the Monash JD
The Monash JD is specifically designed for graduates from non-law backgrounds. Monash JD graduates are equipped with the knowledge and academic requirements for admission as a legal practitioner.
The Monash JD opens doors for graduates, whether you're pursuing a career change or laying the foundation for a future profession.
What you get out of a Monash JD:
- City location: specialist learning centre in Melbourne's renowned legal precinct
- Prestige: Monash Law School is internationally recognised as one of the top 30 law schools worldwide (QS World University Rankings)
- Flexible study modes: choose to enrol in evening classes (part-time students only) and intensive electives
- Work placements: get hands on experience at one of Monash Law's community legal centres while earning credit points towards your JD
- Community: join a close-knit student community from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions
- Travel the world: access to international study programs at our Italy and Malaysia campuses and partner universities
- Strengthen your career: learn practical and transferable skills leading to a range of career opportunities in law and other professional fields
- Experts: access to the expertise and experience of local legal professionals and internationally recognised academic visitors
- Pathways to Oxford, Cambridge and King's College: exclusive opportunities for Monash JD graduates to pursue further study at these world-renowned universities
- Choice: unique and exceptional breadth of elective units, including units from the Monash Law Masters program
Interested in the Monash JD? See what you'll be studying.