During our annual appeal from 22 May to 2 June, we want you to have fun, show your support and help us raising funds and awareness using Facebook's new Facebook Frames.
Your frame will have have "I choose to support the Castan Centre because.." at the top, and then YOU CHOOSE one of the following phrases at the bottom:
- Businesses must respect human rights
- Offshore detention centres should be closed
- Kids in prison shouldn't be abused
- We should have marriage equality
- Kids with disabilities deserve great education
- We need real equality for Indigenous Australians
- We need stronger human rights laws
- They support Indigenous prisoners
- They support future human rights leaders
Here is how is might look:
Follow these steps to create your frame and share it. We need your support!
First of all, you will need to create your new profile picture using the Castan Centre ‘frame’.
Step 1: log into facebook and go to: https://www.facebook.com/profilepicframes
Step 2: Search for ‘Castan Centre for Human Rights Law’ in the search bar above the frame options
Step 3: Click on frame you would like as your profile picture (we have ten choices) and then click ‘Use as profile picture’ (blue button on the bottom right hand side of screen)
Nb: your profile picture will disappear after one week, but you can also choose a longer or shorter period of time.
Share on Facebook
Step 1: Once you have changed your profile picture, please go to your profile page and click on your new profile picture.
Step 2: Next to your photo on the right you will see a number of option, click the ‘Share’ button.
Step 3: This is the really important part where you can encourage people to donate to the Castan Centre. So, type in a message including a link to our donations page (see below), you can tell them about our great work or simply say something like “show your support for the Castan Centre and human rights and make a donation, big or small, now:
Download and share some more!
Step 1: After you have shared your profile picture, go back to your profile page and click on your profile picture. Hover your mouse over your profile picture and click on the ‘options’ button on the bottom right hand side that will appear when you do this.
Step 2: Select ‘download’ from the menu that comes up.
Step 3: Once you have downloaded your new profile picture, share it via a tweet on Twitter or a post on Instagram together with a message to donate and that link
- On Twitter, you can ‘pin’ the tweet by clicking the small down arrow at the top right hand corner of the tweet and selecting ‘pin to your profile page’
Step 4: Make the picture your Twitter profile photo. Just:
- Go to your Twitter profile.
- Click on the “Edit profile”: button near the top right
- Click on “change your profile photo” on the top left and upload the Facebook photo.