Applications for our 2018 Global Internship Program will open on 10 July 2017 and close on 20 August 2017.
The Global Internship Program provides Monash Law students with the opportunity to travel to some of the world's leading human rights institutions and forums to work for three to four months. Past interns have gone on to become global leaders in business and human rights, work at some of Australia’s most respected human rights institutions and more.
Interns may apply for up to 3 internships. The 2018 host organisations are yet to be confirmed, however we hope to offer opportunities at most of the 2017 host organisations, which were:
- Indigenous internship to the UN Human Rights Council
- Internship with Human Rights First, New York City
- Internship with the International Women's Rights Action Watch - Asia Pacific, Kuala Lumpur and Geneva.
- Internship with the International Service for Human Rights, Geneva.
- Internship with the Southern Africa Litigation Centre, Johannesburg.
- We are looking for people who have a specific interest in the work of the institution/s they are applying for and can demonstrate/articulate this interest.
- We understand that not everyone has the means or time to volunteer. If this is the case for you, please be sure to explain why.
“I am honoured to have been one of the Castan Centre’s first global interns. It was invaluable to have the opportunity to see the international human rights system working in practice and to better understand what skills and experience I would need to start a human rights career.”
globally recognised business and human rights experts