David Groenewegen – Director, Research
David Groenewegen is the Director, Research. He is responsible for Library client services to the science, technology, engineering and medicine disciplines at Monash University, as well as the contribution the Library makes to the University's research activity. This includes oversight and development of the institutional repository and Monash University Publishing. He is also the University's research data management strategy lead and has broad oversight of several branch libraries.
Mr Groenewegen has wide-ranging experience working in the areas of electronic information provision and related technology. Before returning to Monash University Library in 2013 he spent four years as a Director of the Australian National Data Service, where he was involved with the development and implementation of data management solutions across the Australian university sector. Prior to that he was the ARROW project manager, a national project based at Monash, that co-developed the widely used VITAL research repository software.
Mr Groenewegen actively participates in local and international conferences and discussions around scholarly communication and better management of research data, sharing his expertise and experience in these areas.
- Oversight of Hargrave-Andrew, Pharmacy, Berwick andPeninsula libraries
- Leadership of library activities related to the faculties of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Engineering, Information Technology, and Science.
- Lead and develop all aspects of the Library’s research related activities, including research data management
- Collaborate with the Monash e-Research Centre, the Research Office and e-Solutions in ensuring that the university continues to deliver innovative solutions to the management, sharing and publishing of its research outputs.
- Assist with building the profile of Monash researchers and the work they are doing and in so doing enhancing the effectiveness and profile of the university
Monash University Library
Library Administration, 40 Exhibition Walk
Clayton Campus, Victoria 3800
Telephone: +61 3 9902 0570