The Matheson Library provides scholarly resources, study facilities, and research skills development programs to strengthen the learning, teaching and research activities of staff and students at the University's Clayton campus. The library has collection strengths in:
- social sciences
- business and economics
- education, including a Teaching Materials Collection.
The library also contains the following special collections:
- Ada Booth Slavic Collection
- Asian Collections
- Giligich Yiddish Collection
- Kipen Judaica Collection
- Music and Multimedia Collection
- Rare Books Collection
- Matheson Library reopens for 2016
- Note: Hours subject to change because of the refurbishment project
- Text only version opening hours
- Ramp to main entrance
- Lifts available
- Accessible toilet facilities
- Find out about Services for users with a disability
Programs and drop-in sessions
Librarians and Learning Skills Advisers are available for advice at the Research and Learning point in the Matheson Library, from week 1 through to the end of the exam period. No bookings are required.
For scheduled times visit the Programs and drop-ins page.
Information research and learning skills programs may be presented by Library staff as part of the academic programs for some units. General programs are also offered at the Matheson Library. Check for programs held outside normal unit class times at the Matheson Library and register online using the Library class booking system via my.monash, selecting Matheson in the Campus dropdown list.