Library services for all Monash students
You can access our range of resources and services in a variety of ways – online, in person at our libraries and through Research and Learning skills activities provided by our staff through the academic program.
The Library's online resources are offered through this website, through Moodle and the Library tile on my.monash. They include:
- Library guides – These guides are a starting point for researching your subject area.
- Research and Learning Online – These online tutorials are designed to build your academic skills and performance.
- Quick study guides - Tips to help you settle in to university, deal with examinations, tackle assignments, and for many other situations.
- Learning capture – If you miss a lecture, check your unit's Moodle page to find out if the recording is available online.
- Reading lists - Your unit's reading list has been prepared in conjunction with your lecturer and will provide links to articles you need to read.
- Databases - Access specialist information through our Databases guide
- Electronic books and journals - access them through Search
- Purchase suggestion form - Suggest the Library purchases an item.
At our libraries on each campus you can
- use a computer or your laptop - find a computer
- borrow books using your Monash ID card – see About borrowing
- print or photocopy - see Printing, copying and scanning
- book a discussion room - for use with your project group, where available
- attend a library class or activity - see Programs and drop-ins
- get advice from a librarian or learning skills adviser at a drop-in session on how to tackle an assignment, find the information you need or improve your academic communication and study skills.
Read our Research and learning skills brochure to find out more.
Postgraduate and honours students
If you are a postgraduate or honours student we offer
- generous borrowing conditions – see About borrowing
- study facilities and bookable discussion rooms - see also Study spaces
- training in the use of Endnote software or particular resources - see Programs and drop-ins
- specialist staff with knowledge in your discipline for advice at any stage of your studies - see Research and learning staff
- Document delivery services, if Monash does not hold the item you want - see Document Delivery
- A Graduate Research Library guide to assist students undertaking the research journey.
If you are undertaking an honours or graduate research degree we recommend that you visit our Researchers page to discover the full range of specialised services available to you.