Inter-disciplinary Indigenous Health Curriculum Project
This is a longitudinal action research project that began in 2014. The project brings together representatives from schools and disciplines across Faculty to meet regularly as an Indigenous Health Curriculum Committee (a sub-committee of the Faculty’s Teaching and Learning Committee).
To date this committee has:
- Agreed to a set of learning objectives for delivery of curriculum across the Faculty through endorsing the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Curriculum Framework.
- Developed novice level teaching resources and assessment
- Designed e-learning tools in Indigenous health
- Evaluated delivery of teaching resources and assessment
- Established a platform to share resources across the Faculty
- Delivered an annual Strengthening Teaching and Learning in Indigenous Health Curriculum Event
- Co-ordinated cultural safety training for educators
- Developed Indigenous health educator mentors
The work of the committee is ongoing with new initiatives and champions in Indigenous health welcomed.
Committee Dates for Semester One 2016
Wednesday May 11, 2-3pm
Wednesday June 8, 2-3pm
2016 Strengthening Teaching and Learning in Indigenous Health Curriculum Event
Thursday July 14, 10-2pm