Outline of Scheme
The China Scholarship Council and Monash University have established a collaborative scholarship program to attract high quality Chinese students to undertake PhD. Long-term research co-operation between Monash University and research-intensive Chinese universities is a further aim of the program.
A number of candidates each year will be awarded scholarships that cover tuition fees and provide a living allowance for up to three years in the first instance. Scholarship allowances also meet overseas student health cover (OSHC), visa application fees and the cost of a return international air fare between Australia and China.
Applications are now invited from eligible applicants.
Areas of Research
Currently, the priority areas for these scholarships are:
- Agriculture and food security,
- Energy and environment,
- Life sciences and public health(especially emerging infectious diseases) including biotechnology,
- Governance and public policy reform,
- Communication and information technology,
- Economics and business,
- Engineering and architecture including urban planning,
- Applied social sciences including law and WTO-related areas
- Fundamental studies in science and technology, health sciences, the humanities and the arts.
These will be subject to annual review.