Proudly sponsored by:
We would like to invite you to attend the 6th Theory Workshop of the Australian National Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (ANITA), to be held on the 13th and 14th of February 2012 at the Monash Centre for Astrophysics (MoCA) at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
As with previous workshops, the main aims are:
- to provide a review of Theoretical Astrophysics in Australia and a platform for current research
- to facilitate collaboration between theorists and observers
- to promote a sense of community among theoretical astrophysicists
- to educate students and enhance their opportunities in the Australian and international community
Approximately 20-30 minutes will be allocated for each oral presentation. There will be no formal proceedings, but contributions will be available on the web after the workshop. This workshop is sponsored by MoCA, Swinburne University and the Astronomical Society of Australia (ASA). Registration is free, and morning and afternoon tea will be provided. There will be a dinner on Monday evening at a local restaurant, to be paid for on the night.
ASA/ANITA Numerical Astrophysics summer school
- Introduction to programming for High Performance Computing
- N-body methods
- Grid-based hydrodynamics
- Particle-based hydrodynamics
- Cosmological simulation techniques
- Semi-analytic models of Galaxy formation
Registration for the summer school is open to all advanced undergraduate, honours and PhD students as well as active Astronomy and Astrophysics researchers within Australia and New Zealand. However, numbers are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis with preference to students.
Student travel grants are available for attendance at both the ANITA meeting and the summer school. Please indicate on the registration form if you are interested.