Honours Information Session
- 16 May 2012 at 12:00 am – 16 May 2012 at 11:00 am
- Lecture Theatre H7, Building 11
- Open to:
- Information Technology
Graduating with Honours is an opportunity you should consider seriously. At this session we will discuss some exciting project opportunities for students completing their Honours year and explain why you would benefit from enrolling, rather than taking off to work immediately after a standard undergraduate degree. Some further information and contact details are provided below.
Why do Honours?
• An Honours degree indicates that an advanced level of work has been undertaken and a higher standard has been reached.
• Honours is valued by employers, who appreciate the extra knowledge and skills acquired.
• The degree is fun -- studies are based around individual projects tailored to the interests of students and their personal supervisors.
• Honours is the usual precursor to postgraduate study, which is necessary for a career in industrial research or academia.
Where does Honours fit in?
• Undergraduate: basic training for commercial work
• Honours give you an edge over a 3 year undergraduate degree
• Honours gives you research education
• Pathway to PhD and an industrial or academic research career Also find out about the Monash Undergraduate Research Projects Abroad (MURPA) program.
- Emily van der Walt
- Monash University