The "Expert" Expert Witness - 1 day Workshop
- 27 March 2017 at 9:00 am – 27 March 2017 at 9:00 am
- Monash Law City Campus, 555 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Monash Law City Campus
- Open to:
- All professionals
- From $650 Early Bird, (until 27 February)
- Register here:
- Seminars & Workshops
"This is a course that all professionals from any walk of life ought to attend. Very useful. A fascinating and highly knowledgeable presenter with real world experience."
Do you want to be a confident expert witness? Then this workshop will enable you to update your skills or move into this ever growing forensic area.
Gain an insight into expert evidence and the way the courts deal with it. Understand the role and obligations of the expert within the judicial system. With the development of technology, the courts have become more reliant on expert evidence and the issues in forensic evidence have necessitated new rules and practices which must be observed.
- Broaden your understanding of the forensic process
- Develop and enhance the skills required to present confidently and professionally in the courtroom - Expand current techniques relating to analysis, preparation and report writing
- Engage in networking opportunities with other practitioners
- Better your relationships with barristers and the courts
- The nature of expert evidence
- Examination and cross examination
- Report writing - Conferencing
- The way expert evidence is assessed by the courts
- Current issues in expert evidence
Who should attend
This interactive full-day workshop is relevant for professionals who interact with the legal profession and for those who are required to give expert evidence in court. It will appeal to many professional groups where expert evidence is often required for example: specialist medical practitioners, engineers, patent attorneys, geologists, hydrologists, economists, accountants, auditors, IT professionals and psychologists.
Please enquire with your CPD scheme to confirm how many units you can accrue. RANZCOG deems this workshop eligible for 7 CPD.
Early Bird - $650 (book before 27 February 2017)
Full rate - $780.00
About the presenter: Professor the Honorable George Hampel AM QC
Prof Hampel is a Professor of Trial Practice and Advocacy at Monash University and a consultant in advocacy for the Victorian Bar.
The founding chairman of the Australian Advocacy Institute and the International Institute of Forensic Studies at Monash, he spent many years as a barrister prior to his appointment as a Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Throughout his career, Professor Hampel has been chair of a number of legal education and administrative bodies. His advocacy and expert witness training experience extends over 35 years in Australia and many international jurisdictions.
- Nina Massara
- +613 9903 8528
- Monash Law School