Skip to content


Choose your permit from the options listed below. Blue permits and free carpooling are the only options for students. They're also the cheapest choices for staff, but you have other options as well.

Free VIP blue permits are available for honorary and adjunct staff, and contractors and business tenants can buy orange permits.

As a staff member or enrolled student, you can use Visa or MasterCard to buy a permit online if you log in to We'll mail your permit to your home address. If you can't use Visa or MasterCard, you can reserve a permit online and collect and pay for it at Monash Connect with a standard bank card that uses eftpos.

Staff members can offset the cost of a permit through salary packaging.

Visit our maps page to see how to get to any of our campuses around Melbourne or nearby Gippsland and to download campus maps, showing the parking areas.

Staff and student permits

Permits are annual and available from around the middle of February, but students who don't want to pay for a full year can make a half-payment. Also, student and staff permits become half price just before second semester.

Update your existing details

If you already have a blue, red or green permit, make sure you update your vehicle details if they change.

Update your details

2015 Blue permits

These permits are our most popular. They're the cheapest for staff and the only option for students (unless you carpool). You park in blue areas on your home campus. You can exchange your blue permit for a cross-campus permit (see below) and park in a blue area at any campus on which your course is taught.

Buy a blue permit


A$ (annually)









2015 Cross-campus permits

For courses taught on more than one campus, you can get a cross-campus permit to park in blue permit areas where you study. But first, you need to buy a blue permit, which you then take to Monash Connect to swap for a cross-campus permit.

Check our list of eligible cross-campus courses (PDF, 0.08 MB) to make sure you can exchange a blue for a cross-campus permit.

If you can't find your course on the list, use your Monash email address (the only email address we can accept for security and anti-spam reasons) to email us your name, student number and course subject codes. Send your email to

Once we confirm your course is cross campus, we'll send you an approval email to print out and take to Monash Connect with your blue permit.

Staff-only permits

2015 Red permits

Staff can park in red or blue areas on their home campus and blue areas at other campuses.

Buy a red permit


A$ (annually)











*Parkville red permit holders: To gain access to a red permit area at Parkville, you also need a proximity card from the Security and Traffic Office, room G30, building 402. Bring your red permit receipt.

2015 VIP blue permits

Honorary and adjunct staff can apply for this free permit and park in blue areas on all campuses.

Download the application form (PDF, 0.05 MB) and take it to your campus security and traffic office.

2015 Green permits

These permits allow senior staff to park in green, red or blue areas on any campus.

Buy a green permit


A$ (annually)

All campuses


2015 Yellow permits

Departments can pay for annual yellow, yellow day and yellow day scratch (book of 10) permits from departmental or faculty budgets. You can park in yellow and blue areas on most campuses, but space is very limited at Caulfield. Single yellow day permits are bought for a specific campus, where you park in yellow or blue areas.

During the teach out period, when traveling to Gippsland current yellow annual and scratch can still be used in yellow areas.

Buy a yellow permit


A$ (annually)

Annual yellow – all campuses


Yellow day – for a specified campus


Yellow day scratch – all campuses

85 for 10

Contractor and business-tenant permits

2015 Orange permits

These permits are for contractors and business tenants who work on our campuses. You can park in yellow, blue or contractor areas.

Download the form (PDF, 0.1 MB) and take it to your campus security and traffic office.


A$ (annually)

All campuses


2015 Brown permits

These permits are for approved tenants only. You park in brown areas on all campuses.


A$ (annually)

All campuses


Contact your relevant campus security and traffic office to enquire and apply.

Free motorcycle and disability parking

Motorcyclists don't need a permit to park in a motorcycle area.

If you display a disability permit, available from local councils under the state-wide VicRoads scheme, you can park for free in a disability area.

Permit conditions

Permits allow you to park in specific areas on your home campus and aren't always valid on other campuses or in the same areas, so note any restrictions.

Our refunds, replacements and resales page also explains other important permit conditions.

You can also read more information about our parking permit rules and parking permit policy for staff on the facilities and services division site.

Parking fines

All our campuses are subject to Victorian traffic laws (Road Safety Act and Victorian Road Rules), so please obey the road rules and signs. To avoid a parking fine:

  • obey the signs where you park
  • check the time limits on metered spaces
  • display your parking ticket or permit clearly
  • only park in a permit zone that matches your permit type
  • only park motorcycles in motorcycle zones
  • don't park in spaces for the disabled without a disability permit.
  • don't copy, modify or falsify a parking ticket or permit
  • if you drive to campus in different vehicles, put your permit in a clear plastic cover for switching between vehicles – you can get permit pouches from your campus parking office.

If you get a fine, you can't pay it on campus – read the back of your notice for payment options.