0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Research documentation analyses documentation methodologies in contemporary research. Candidates will articulate documentary, studio and creative outcomes of their research through critical appraisal of the relations between the exegesis and studio methodologies. In the case of thesis-mode candidates, the unit will focus on the structure and presentation of the written work.
On successful completion of this unit, candidates will:
- Demonstrate a discursive approach to the subject of their research and its field of inquiry;
- Apply critical understanding of methodologies in contemporary research as appropriate to their project;
- Apply critical understanding of the forms, languages and conventions applicable to their field of research, including the critical approach to the identification and analysis of bibliographic and other empirical sources;
- Have developed competence in documenting the research and articulating its significance through sustained critical reflections of the intention, method and outcome of the research;
- Have developed a firm conceptual framework for their research.
Within semester assessment: 100%
2 hours per week, 8 hours of private study
See also Unit timetable information