6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
Twelve credit points of second-year Arts units and audition.
This unit is only available to students enrolled in a Bachelor of Music single or double degree.
This unit provides students in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music the opportunity to be mentored by experienced and world-class chamber-music performers. The unit consists of masterclasses and workshops by tenured and visiting musicians. Students learn various rehearsal strategies and techniques in context of chamber music and participate in high-profile commercial public performance opportunities.
Upon completion of this unit, students are able to:
- Work as individuals and groups in planning and implementing chamber music performances;
- Understand the group psychology of music performance in a chamber music setting;
- Rehearse efficiently in a chamber-music setting;
- Demonstrate confidence and experience of performing in commercial environments.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information