12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Under the supervision of an academic staff member, students will develop, and commence the implementation and reporting of, a research thesis or research creative object on an approved topic of their own devising. This unit is followed by ATS4452 Music honours research B, in which the research thesis or research creative object will be completed.
Upon successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
- commence planning, conducting and reporting on a research thesis or research creative object;
- demonstrate satisfactory progress in the planning, implementation and reporting of a research thesis or research creative object;
- demonstrate satisfactory progress in their command of the existing scholarship relating to a research thesis or research creative object.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information