6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester A 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester B 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester C 2018 (On-campus block of classes)
Students must have completed 96 credit points.
Students must be enrolled in one of the following courses: 0312, 0314, 0315, 0316, 0391, 0517, 0550, 0553, 0555, 0556, 0816, 1197, 1333, 1334, 1337, 1339, 2601, 2902, 3154, 3158, 3806, 3819, 3829, 4098, 4426 or 4503
This unit is the capstone unit for the Bachelor of Business and as such draws together the learning and experiences gained from previous business units. The unit provides students the opportunity to demonstrate being critical and creative scholars and responsible and effective global citizens, and gain an understanding of multi-disciplinary decision-making in organisations. The opportunity is via a complex project-based programme in which cultural and ethical perspectives are also assessed. Students will develop and demonstrate their career-readiness in this unit.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- synthesize and evaluate cultural and ethical perspectives to guide international organisation decision-making
- research, synthesize, analyse, evaluate and communicate how innovative multi-disciplinary decision-making occurs in organisations.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information