6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
and with a grade point average of at least 70; and with a grade point average of at least 70; and at least 12 points of level three chemistry.
At least 18 points of level three chemistry (including the prerequisite 12 points) and
Course convenor approval is required to take eitheror with BTH3960
This unit allows students to develop laboratory research skills in the interdisciplinary field of pharmacological chemistry. Students will undertake a laboratory project involving both chemistry and pharmacology and will spend time in both chemistry and pharmacology laboratories.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Design and conduct experiments;
- Identify, use and critically evaluate research literature;
- Conduct interdisciplinary projects composed of chemistry and pharmacology;
- Implement safe working practices with chemicals, radio-isotopes, and biological materials;
- Make oral presentations and write reports covering both chemistry and pharmacology.
Written reports: 80%
Oral reports: 20%
Six hours of supervised laboratory work and six hours of self-directed study
See also Unit timetable information