0 points, SCA Band 2, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit will equip the learner with the knowledge and skills necessary to use the latest condition monitoring techniques and to design appropriate retrofits to alleviate common problems with ageing infrastructure systems. Smart monitoring techniques of localized and dispersed systems will be introduced. The condition assessment and forensic analysis of problem infrastructure will be complemented by knowledge on rehabilitation techniques. This unit will provide advanced technical knowledge to allow the graduate maintain an existing infrastructure system for future generations.
At the successful completion of this unit you will be able to:
- Assess the condition of existing infrastructure and noting the commonly observed problems.
- Design and interpret a smart monitoring strategy to assess the condition of ageing infrastructure.
- Describe and apply appropriate rehabilitation techniques for common infrastructure systems.
- Predict the remaining life of an infrastructure system, given condition assessments and monitoring results.
Continuous assessment: 60%
Examination (2 hours): 40%
Students are required to achieve at least 45% in the total continuous assessment component and at least 45% in the final examination component and an overall mark of 50% to achieve a pass grade in the unit.
3 hours lecture/practice and 9 hours of private study per week.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study