6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
Enrolment in D6006 MProfCouns
The unit advances students' understanding of challenges faced by job seekers and currently employed individuals. It enhances students' knowledge of the major theories of career development and career counselling. Students learn to plan and implement career development programs at all levels of an individual's development, and empower life choices through career counselling in various cultural settings. They also learn how to help individuals in understanding and responding to changes and challenges at the workplace.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- understand the employment challenges faced by job-seekers and contemporary labour market trends
- evaluate challenges faced by those in the work place and those seeking employment
- demonstrate advanced level skills in planning and implementing career development counselling.
Seminar presentation (2000 words, 50%)
Participation and practice-based project (2000 words, 50%)
Minimum total expected workload equals 144 hours per semester comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- 36 hours of engagement in online, face-to-face or blended platforms
- Additional requirements (all students):
- Independent study to make up the required minimum hours during the semester
See also Unit timetable information